Senior UI/UX Artist
At BSG we have multiple business focuses and projects running concurrently, and we are actively looking for a seasoned developer to join our UI/UX team. The Senior UI/UX artist will work closely with the Lead UI artist, Art Director and designers to conceptualize the visual style of the user interface and interactive user experience for various projects.
This role requires you to have an ability to communicate and plan across all disciplines within the studio. Understanding the full development pipeline and how UI/UX would make or break the game is key. You will also be required to provide guidance and critical feedback with the knowledge and limitations of gameplay requirements in mind.
This position includes development opportunities for work-for-hire projects and internal IP. Coordination with our internal teams and departments will require a broad set of skills and an ability to support multiple UI/UX art efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively within a team of developers to create an intuitive UI experience.
- Must be able to achieve desired V-tar quality on a project, while having the flexibility to create unique and original designs.
- Create a unique, and engaging visual identity that supports, and reinforces gameplay.
- Apply, and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
- Create flow charts and wireframes demonstrating menu and user story flow.
- Create functional prototypes and animatics demonstrating UI interaction models.
- Create and maintain documentation including style guides and design documentation.
- Create and implement art assets into the project.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers in the design and implementation of UI components.
- Seek to optimize and create efficient workflows with other developers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of experience in visual design or video game development.
- Must have shipped 1+ AAA video game titles as a UI Artist.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or equivalent work experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Masterful Proficiency in the Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of creating motion graphics using Flash, Nuke or After Effects
- Strong graphic design and layout sense
- Understanding of User-Centric UX design
- Must be able to translate a written design into a visual design
- Must be able to identify and accommodate end-user needs
- Ability to give and receive critiques professionally
- Understand the limitations of consoles, memory and performance issues
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute and iterate on creative solutions
- Be able to work within tight deadlines and constraints
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to manage own time and schedule diligently
- Clearly communicate updates and properly escalate concerns to the appropriate team members
- Be able to work closely with engineers and create an efficient workflow to generate and implement UI and menu assets into the game
- Game Engine Experience UE3, UE4, CryEngine3+, Unity; Proprietary engines a plus
- PS4, XB1 or PC Development experience
- Passion for Video Games
- Knowledge of one 3D package
- Understand how to use shader networks to improve UI
- Scripting or programming experience; HTML5, CSS, Actionscript 3.0
- Experience in 3D, FX, or other specializations
- Website Frontend experience
- Experience using Jira & Confluence
- Experience with Perforce