Blind Squirrel Games is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Lead Programmer. We value talented and passionate individuals who strive to improve, and we hire for the long term with career development in mind. If you have a robust sense of good software architecture and a strong desire to lead developers in a friendly, family-like game studio, apply today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of engineers, providing them with technical mentorship and guidance
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and manage schedule requirements
- Understand the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug-fixing and optimization become more important than new features)
- Define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are enforced within the engineering team through regular peer code reviews
- Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a disciplined lead
- Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
4+ years of professional experience in AAA game development
1+ Years of experience leading or mentoring a team of programmers
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge in software engineering/architecture and design patterns
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong 3D skills and low-level engine experience
- UE 3 or 4 experience a plus
- Passionate about games and game development