Senior Level Designer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain multiple levels from conception to completion
• Ability to rapidly prototype and test new ideas
• Pitch new ideas and concepts
• Creation of 2D layouts and documentation, defining the flow, pacing, narrative and key gameplay beats
• Construct 3D levels and script all in-level activities and events
• Work closely with art and tech to produce beautiful and efficient levels
• Self-driven and focused on creating fun, compelling experiences
• Ability to take direction and critique to learn, grow and improve levels
• Mentor less-experienced designers in good practices and level design fundamentals
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
The employee must be able to follow company policies; posses exceptional communication skills with internal and external customers; receive directions from others; work effectively with co-workers in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions for improvement; keep others informed of work progress, deadlines, or other pertinent issues; address problems constructively to find acceptable solutions; keep commitments; and always respect the diversity of the company’s workforce in actions, words and deeds.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5+ years in game development
• Shipped 2 or more titles in a similar capacity
• Scripting proficiency in current development tools (Unreal Blueprints, Frostbite etc.)
• Experienced with 3D level editors or art packages (Maya, 3DSMAX, Unity, Unreal etc.)
• Proficiency in 2D graphic design software (Visio, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
High school diploma or higher
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Great understanding of traditional 2D level design
• Can explain in great detail, how and why a level plays well
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals
• Passion about games and game development
• Understanding of design affordances
• Experienced in single player and multiplayer level design
• Organized and attention to details
• Shipped 1 or more AAA titles
• Experienced in other areas of game design, such as combat or systems
• Prior Lead experience
• C#, Lua or similar scripting experience
Ability to read, write complex correspondence, and communicate with internal and external customers in a clear, easily understood manner in English.
Ability to perform basic level mathematics such as calculating discounts, percentages.
Ability to carryout written and oral instructions.