Blind Squirrel Games is seeking an accomplished Technical Director who enjoys leading teams to solve complex problems in varying technical environments. Our Technical Directors set the standard for engineering performance within the studio and take responsibility in mitigating client interests on behalf of their teams. If you have a proven track record of leading and launching great games, apply today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the technical foundation for one of our large projects, or several of our smaller projects.
- Manage programming team leads, providing technical guidance and mentorship.
- Understand the “big picture” of game development to get ahead of potential problems on all the projects you oversee.
- Champion client relationships on behalf of your engineering teams.
- Collaborate with production and team leads for milestone and sprint planning meetings.
- Guide your teams to their goals by following-through on long-term milestone plans.
- Contribute on project bids from the studio as requested.
- Provide technical insight by creating strong coding standards and maintaining Technical Design Documents.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
6+ years of professional experience in AAA game development
3+ Years of experience leading and mentoring a team of programmers
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ingrained proficiency in scheduling new feature development vs. bug-fixing/optimization
- Strong knowledge in software engineering/architecture and design patterns
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong 3D skills and low-level engine experience
- UE 3, UE 4, or Unity experience a plus
- Passion about games and game development