Senior Generalist Designer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline
· Understand what is fun and challenging in games
· Familiarity with Unreal 4 or current game engines to perform basic scripting and encounter design configuration tasks
· Work closely with artists and programmers to take ideas from conception to completion
· Able to work with a small, fast moving team who all participate in decisions which shape the game
· Will make level layouts and 3D block-outs for in-engine playtesting
· Understanding of current Console, PC and Mobile Games
· General understanding of Combat, Systems, Monetization and Tech Design
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
The employee must be able to follow company policies; possess exceptional communication skills with internal and external customers; receive directions from others; work effectively with co-workers in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions for improvement; keep others informed of work progress, deadlines, or other pertinent issues; address problems constructively to find acceptable solutions; keep commitments; and always respect the diversity of the company’s workforce in actions, words and deeds.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3+ years of experience in Console, PC and Mobile Game Development
Bachelor’s Degree or Industry equivalent
Other Skills and Abilities:
Passion about games and game development a plus
Ability to read, write complex correspondence, and communicate with internal and external customers in a clear, easily understood manner in English.
Ability to perform basic level mathematics such as calculating discounts, percentages.
Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.