Blind Squirrel Games is seeking a brilliant and experienced UI Engineer to create fun and versatile UI systems on AAA cross-platform titles. Our UI Programmers drive development for user interfaces and are responsible for helping team leadership solve complex UI issues. If you enjoy working in a collaborative, creative environment and delivering a quality experience that puts the gamers and viewers first, apply today!
- Implement UI features to the highest quality best suited for the project’s timeline.
- Confer with the Lead UI Programmer to establish complex UI features and tasks that you should own for the project.
- Collaborate with the Lead UI Programmer, artists, and designers to ensure the UI meets the requirements for all involved parties.
- Offer advice to the Lead UI Programmer where needed to develop usable and robust UI systems.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers on relevant best practices and modern technologies.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3+ years of professional experience in AAA UI game development
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for user interfaces, user interactions, and the overall user experiences
- High degree of proficiency writing rich client code with C++ and ActionScript 3
- Prior localization experience
- Excellent architecture and software engineering skills
- Effective communicator in a team-oriented environment
- Familiar with development on PS4, Xbox One, and/or Nintendo Switch
- Experience with Scaleform a plus
- UE 3 or 4 experience a plus
- Enthusiastic about game development and games