Social Community Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, manage and grow the company’s presence through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other Social Media platforms
- Manage incoming media requests and building rapport with industry journalists; create, execute, and measure media campaigns
- Manage and execute community-facing initiatives including live-streams, developer updates, contests, volunteer programs, fan site programs, collegiate programs, offline events, convention presence, email campaigns and social media initiatives
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and materials for social media channels
- Customer support – answer questions (phone, e-mail, Twitter, Facebook) and manage any online feedback system
- Create strategic marketing / promotion plans and recommend and implement new community features as appropriate
- Train other staff on how to participate and engage in the community.
- Provide internal and external community training as necessary.
- Train and enable Community Leaders to participate on a more significant engagement level.
- Monitor and measure the success of community engagement (i.e. number of power users, number of discussions, etc.), and provide reports for executives.
- Identify and report on community trends to internal teams and advise on potential opportunities or risks.
- Track KPIs related to Social CRM goals such as recruitment, retention or outreach goals.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3+ years of experience in brand communications, social media and forums
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, related field or equivalent work experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand project management and process improvement
- Great people and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Operating in a collaborative environment
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Must be Computer literate (Microsoft Office products)
- Passion about games and game development
- Experience with recording devices, sound equipment and live streaming software such as OBS.
- Basic knowledge of video editing software for editing of featurettes, in-house documentaries and interviews.