ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, maintain and improve content development tools used across multiple game projects.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with artists, designers and game programmers on the requirements and design of software tools.
- Design, implement, debug and optimize software primarily in C# and C++.
- Lead and/or participate in design and code reviews.
- Investigate and adopt new game technologies, tools and systems.
- Develop and apply group standards and best practices.
- Document completed designs, tools, and code.
- Work closely with and support tool users in person.
- Work in conjunction with senior staff for complex design and development efforts but otherwise be largely self-directed.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
At least 3-5 years professional experience developing applications through all phases of the product lifecycle.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant software tool development experience. Video Game industry experience is not required.
- Strong OO design and development experience in C#/.NET. Experience in C/C++ or other languages is a plus.
- Experience creating GUI applications with focus on usability. Experience with User Centered Design.
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate closely with in-house users of the tools, discover and provide what they need.
- Knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya and common scripting languages is a plus but not required.
- Windowing toolkits such as WPF, WinForms are a plus
- Passion about games and game development