Senior Online Engineer
Blind Squirrel Games is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Online Engineer. We value talented and passionate individuals who constantly strive to improve their work. We’re looking for people who love both making and playing games. You should be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a team oriented work environment. If you want to be part of a growing team and work at a fun and family friendly game studio, apply today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and improve client online subsystems including but not limited to: multiplayer match making, online user account management/verification/validation, cloud saves.
- Debug and fix peer to peer and game client to server connections.
- Stay up-to-date with platform APIs from Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Steam, etc.
- Design and architect solutions for above mentioned subsystems for use on future titles on various game engines.
- Work with Lead and Technical Director in preparing and reviewing technical documents.
- Teach and mentor fellow online engineers on relevant modern technologies as well as on best practices for developing online systems.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
- Expertise in C/C++
- At least 4 years of games industry experience as an online engineer
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Developed on PS4 and/or Xbox One
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational abilities
- An ability to accurately & realistically schedule tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent abilities in high-quality Software Engineering
- Excellent bug finding & fixing skills
- Experience with Perforce or Git
- Experience with Unreal Engine 3 or 4 a plus
- Experience with Windows Server a plus
- Passion about games and game development