- Work collaboratively within a team of developers to create an intuitive UI experience.
- Must be able to achieve desired V-tar quality on a project, while having the flexibility to create unique and original designs.
- Create a unique, and engaging visual identity that supports, and reinforces gameplay.
- Apply, and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
- Create flow charts and wireframes demonstrating menu and user story flow.
- Create functional prototypes and animatics demonstrating UI interaction models.
- Create and maintain documentation including style guides and design documentation.
- Create and implement art assets into the project.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers in the design and implementation of UI components.
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute and iterate on creative solutions
- Clearly communicate updates and properly escalate concerns to the appropriate team members
- Seek to optimize and create efficient workflows with other developers.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1 - 2+ years of experience in visual design or video game development
- Must have shipped 1+ AAA video game titles as a UI Artist
- PS4, XB1 or PC Development experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Art or equivalent work experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Masterful Proficiency in the Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of creating motion graphics using Flash, Nuke or After Effects
- Strong graphic design and layout sense
- Understanding of User-Centric UX design
- Must be able to translate a written design into a visual design
- Must be able to identify and accommodate end-user needs
- Ability to give and receive critiques professionally
- Understand the limitations of consoles, memory and performance issues
- Be able to work within tight deadlines and constraints
- Ability to manage own time and schedule diligently
- Be able to work closely with engineers and create an efficient workflow to generate and implement UI and menu assets into the game
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Passion about games and game development
- Game Engine Experience UE3, UE4, CryEngine3+, Unity; Proprietary engines
- Knowledge of one 3D package
- Understand how to use shader networks to improve UI
- Scripting or programming experience; HTML5, CSS, Actionscript 3.0
- Experience in 3D, FX, or other specializations
- Website Frontend experience
- Experience using Jira & Confluence
- Experience with Perforce