Senior Generalist Programmer
Blind Squirrel Games is seeking a driven and versatile Senior Generalist Programmer to solve interesting and complex problems on AAA cross-platform titles. Our Senior Generalist Programmers are the subject matter experts for the systems they dive into and utilize their extensive knowledge and skills to offer support where the team needs it most. You would make a great addition to our team if you enjoy the challenge of adapting your skillset to thrive in existing yet constantly evolving code bases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test software on PC and console platforms.
- Create high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment.
- Drive the evaluation and documentation of existing technology and engines.
- Adapt engineering solutions to utilize the latest console APIs.
- Teach and mentor junior and mid-level engineers on relevant best practices and modern technologies.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
6+ years of professional experience in AAA game development
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Strong knowledge in software engineering/architecture and design patterns
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Strong 3D skills and low-level engine experience
- Familiar with development on PS4, Xbox One, and/or Nintendo Switch
- UE 3, UE 4, and/or Unity experience a plus
- Passion about games and game development a plus