Junior UI Programmer
You must be able to identify and solve challenges within an existing yet constantly evolving code base. We’re also highly collaborative so we need engineers who are comfortable working closely with designers to develop a shared vision and then work to see it through to completion. The exceptional engineer we are looking for is able to dive deeply into the lower level technology, create systems for our UI artists to help them develop intuitive and attractive experiences, and be versatile enough to dive into the frontline UI itself.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc)
- Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams
- Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
- Experience programming user interface design and implementation a plus.
- Experience programming on a shipped title a plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in C / C++
- Fluent in high-level scripting languages such as Lua, Perl, or PHP
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Able to work with non-programming team members
- Passion about games and game development a plus