ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Apply hand key animation techniques to create loop-cycles, in-game animations, and cinematic sequences based on the animation requirements, style direction and feedback
* Implement animations into the project’s engine with full ownership of your work
* Work with multiple departments such as Art, Design and Code to complete tasks
* Take animations from conceptualization to shipping with little direction required
* Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
* Support Lead Animator and other animators in executing on visual direction for animations
* Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
* Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
* Make Animations optimized for performance as well as quality
* Clean-up motion capture data or improve existing animation
* Take on additional responsibilities on a project need basis.
* Continue building your skills learning new software and studying industry trends, and traditional art.
* Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 2+ years creating professional animations in the video game industry
* Shipped at least one AAA title or mobile video game as an Animator
* Strong demo reel exhibiting realistic performances, stylized motion, fundamental principles, acting, timing, and subtlety
* Animated with industry standard programs: 3ds Max, Maya, or Motion Builder
Bachelor’s Degree in 3D Animation or relevant industry experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Possesses basic knowledge in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, or rigging
* Ability to exhibit solid planning and processes for creating hand key animation from scratch.
* A passion for video games, and knowledge of the newest games on the market