Lead UI Programmer
Blind Squirrel Games is seeking a creative and experienced Lead UI Programmer. The Lead UI programmer assists their team lead by managing UI engineers to implement high quality UI systems. As a strong and skilled engineer, the Lead UI Programmer is also expected to collaborate and help with any additional goals the team lead sets to achieve success on our games. If you enjoy working in a collaborative, creative environment and delivering a quality experience that puts the gamers and viewers first, apply today!
- Motivate and mentor a team of UI programmers to ensure systems are delivered on time
- Provide assessment and recommendations, identify risks, and track progress on UI systems
- Utilize strong communication and teamwork to present continuous critical feedback to the team leads and production on the state of UI systems
- Collaborate with art and UX to design major features for UI systems
- Delegate UI tasks to UI programmers to ensure milestone completion
- Be a role-model for the UI programmers by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback and guidance, and developing the UI team through training and mentorship
- Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging technologies
- Implement UI features to the highest quality best suited for the project’s timeline
- Take direction from team lead. Confer with and defer to Team Lead on decisions affecting the overall project
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
3+ years of professional game programming experience
1+ years of experience leading or mentoring a team of programmers
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for user interfaces, user interactions, and the overall user experiences
- High degree of proficiency writing rich client code with C++ and ActionScript 3.
- Strong experience building robust in-game UIs; discovering and solving the edge case scenarios and error handling
- Excellent knowledge of UI architectural patterns.
- Prior localization experience
- Effective communicator in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with Scaleform a plus
- UE 3 or 4 experience a plus
- Enthusiastic about game development and games