Senior Product Manager
At BlackLine, our success hinges on developing and maintaining industry-leading business solutions that hundreds of thousands of users across the world rely upon. A key success component is the highly collaborative and market-facing nature of our Product Management team. Product Management is responsible for guiding products through the software development lifecycle including analyzing, positioning, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to both new and existing customers. They work closely with creative and talented engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop solutions that improve companies overall financial close process.
As Senior Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the business and technical worlds. From leveraging new and existing technologies to diving deep into feedback from some of the most recognized brands in the world, you will create buy-in for product vision across internal and external stakeholders that includes both customers and partners alike. The ideal Senior Program Manager is a customer-/market- oriented person with strong product and project management skills, solid technical understanding and great personal skills for coordination with engineering teams and partner teams across the globe.
- Perform market, competitor, and customer research to identify and capitalize on trends, new technology, and regulatory/compliance changes
- Translate customer needs into product requirements that provide clear, concise, and prioritized direction to the engineering team
- Ensure BlackLine solutions promote simplification, accuracy, and an increasingly higher level of productivity for users
- Solicit and track feature requests from various stakeholders including BlackLine Community, solution consultants, support, sales, partners, and the BlackLine Customer Advisory Board
- Maintain and prioritize product roadmap and backlog, ensuring that new products and enhancements are consistently refined and validated
- Partner with engineering, architecture, and user experience to define technical and user interface designs
- Work closely with agile/scrum teams to ensure incremental and finished products align with product vision and market demands.
- Help manage and share product knowledge via BlackLine Community, release notes, internal training, customer webinars, and online help
- Participate in sales and marketing activities including customer roundtables, sales demonstrations, and user conferences
- Monitor existing and incorporate new data-driven operational and revenue/adoption metrics as part of the roadmap planning process
- Serve as a subject matter expert on BlackLine products including assisting with internal training, Support team education, analyst relations, and marketing efforts.
- Minimum 5 years enterprise application software involvement with at least 3 years of product management experience
- Proficient with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business/accounting or technical fields
- Deep familiarity with enterprise Cloud applications with an emphasis on Office of Finance-related transactional systems (account reconciliation, matching, control/task management)
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gather and transform business requirements and market needs into successful product strategy inputs
- Develop roadmap priorities, create user stories, and refine the product backlog
- Able to work closely with both business and technical resources
- Collaborate across multiple business stakeholder teams (Sales, Customer Success, Support) to gather and rank competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with agile enablement applications (Jira and Productboard preferred)
- 10-20% travel to customers and company/industry events as required