Senior Business Systems Analyst
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is a key liaison between IT and business stakeholders. The Sr. BSA partners with the stakeholders to define processes & workflows, identify areas for improvement or re-engineering and develop business requirements. With the assistance of the applications team, the Sr. BSA will also work with Salesforce Admin to translate business requirements into technical design specifications.
A successful candidate has deep experience in creating documentation, end-to-end process flows, and working with a wide variety of business units ranging from sales & marketing to legal to finance. The ideal candidate has experience working with go to market organizations within a software company and strong working knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
- Create new functional documentations and keep them up to date.
- Meet with business stakeholders to gather intake priorities on a regular basis.
- Project management.
- Independently, assess risk, suggest improvements, and follow mitigation strategies for projects with complex requirements, technical designs, dependencies, and data sets.
- Execute QA forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- Author high-quality test plans and test cases. Assist with initial testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Partner with leadership, peers, and sister-teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the whatand how of Quality within BlackLine.
- Conduct process analysis using standard data analysis and interview techniques. Need to be able to communicate with all levels of the organization in order to obtain information needed quickly.
- Facilitate meetings with process owners to define new processes or fix existing processes. Encourage participation from team members to share knowledge and drive decisions regarding process improvement and change management.
- Address issues of existing systems and recommend new system developments as needed.
- Work with administration teams to develop technical solutions to functional requirements.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and recommend business process changes and improvements across BlackLine’s internal systems and processes.
- 5+ years of Salesforce experience in the business analysis role.
- Experience in using project management tool and have at least 5 years of experience using diagram flows (e.g. MS Visio or Lucid Charts) for documenting business/application processes and project management.
- Able to communicate effectively with business of all levels.
- Comfortable to lead design sessions to discuss processes, improvements, gather requirements and create functional specifications.
- Develop methodology and document business processes.
- Experience in working with administration teams to develop technical solutions to functional requirements
- Introduce and maintain highly repeatable and reliable processes, as well as supporting standards.
- Able to address issues of existing systems and recommend new system developments as needed.
- Able to advise on industry best practices.
- A quick learner and a self starter.
- Ability to do multi-taskings.
- A detailed analysis person.