Director, Channel Development
- Re-develop Channel Partner Program incl. program objectives, defining and driving operational procedures for all related VAR processes, Go-To-Market (GTM) planning and execution, channel rules of engagement, demand generation programs, channel partner enablement, channel sales support and internal alignment across various departments.
- Identify target VAR profiles to be recruited in different global territories and drive identification, recruitment and development of partners
- Define sales process execution between channel partners and BlackLine responsibilities and establish all needed operational procedures between the partners and BlackLine internal teams, incl. lead registration, sales and solutioning roles, pricing & quoting, contracting, billing, commission handling, renewals management, customer support, etc.
- Build team of channel managers to drive channel partner acquisition, management, enablement and sales in territories
- Drive lead generation through channel partners to expand market reach and attain sales objectives
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and partner recruitment and enablement
- Work closely with BlackLine Enablement teams on tailoring enablement strategies, offerings, and assets to the VAR Channel needs
- Work closely with BlackLine’s partner marketing group on developing a channel marketing strategy, tailoring marketing programs for the channel, developing channel marketing tools and assets, etc.
- Ensure partner compliance with channel agreements and channel rules of engagement, incl. managing potential channel conflicts etc.
- Maintain accurate results dashboards that communicate to key stakeholders the effectiveness of the channel programs & investments.
- Ensure effective and timely communications on relevant announcements, programs, and performance – with both internal and external stakeholders.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 15+ years’ experience in B2B software Channel Management managing software VARs, with responsibilities over channel program development
- 5+ years’ experience in finance/accounting related business experience preferred
- Existing experience and rolodex with successful software VARs either in ERP environment or adjacent best-of-breed solutions strongly preferred
- Track record of delivering measurable results, regularly meeting or exceeding targets
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation processes and key performance indicators/value drivers for technology partnerships
- Practical experience in supporting definition and delivery of solutions with partner leads/P&L owners
- Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills (verbal, written). Ability to rapidly engage a diverse audience of internal / external stakeholders and build consensus
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a collaborative environment
- Superior ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to quickly analyze and apply relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams to increase program ROI and effectiveness
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen. Self-starter, with strong work ethic and personal drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
- Willingness to travel on as-needed basis globally
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred