Associate Systems Engineer
- Work to transition Windows systems and tools, into an integrated Linux environment
- Create and maintain software build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins and PowerShell.
- Understanding and troubleshooting of automated server provisioning using Chef and Ruby.
- Debug and resolve application and middleware issues.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements definition, capacity planning, and process refinement.
- Adhere to existing operational processes and maintain operational documentation.
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- Monitor and manage the Systems Engineering ticketing queue (JIRA).
- BS, EE or CS degree with 2+ years related experience.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Vangrant, Stash, and Jira.
- Experience with automation task and process improvement development.
- Intermediate knowledge of at least two of the following programming languages: C#, Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, Java.
- Experience with Ubuntu, CentOS and various Linux OS and updating tools, such as Landscape, APT, Yum.
- Knowledge in OS optimizing, tuning and securing Linux environments.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift.
- Experience deploying high availability systems and software.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed web applications in a production environment.
- Familiarity and basic level knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of a subset: Chef, Puppet, RabbitMQ, Redis, Microservices, Consul, Vagrant, ELK
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST based API protocols.
- Experience with virtual host configuration and management, either in private (VMWare, Xen) or public (AWS, Azure) cloud environments.
- Previous experience with Powershell and Bash.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience operating production systems.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in software development.