Senior Systems Engineer
- Ensure 99.99%+ availability of the services and infrastructure that spans across multiple global datacenters in private and public clouds.
- Design, Build and Run container platforms and supporting automation in a highly available, high traffic environment.
- Monitor and maintain health, performance, and security of all infrastructure components.
- Build systems and perform necessary tasks to deliver against committed project timelines.
- Desire to automate everything
- Solve real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- Maintain documentation and operational knowledge base.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures.
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Conduct root cause analyses.
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation for second tier support escalations.
- 5+ years supporting Unix and/or Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat) and/or Windows
- 3+ years supporting a SaaS/Hosting type critical revenue-generating environment.
- 2+ years working with development and continuous integration related tooling (Jenkins, BitBucket, GitHub)
- 1+ years of experience with container platforms and tooling (Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Helm, Anthos, Istio, GKE, AKS, etc…)
- 1+ years of experience developing Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in hybrid cloud and/or multi-cloud environments (GCP, Azure, AWS, VMWARE)
- Experience with software development processes and methodologies.
- Experience with scripting and/or systems programming languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Golang, C#).
- Hands-on problem-solving skills, technical leadership and mentoring qualities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in On-Call rotation
- 6+ years industry experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in a 24x7 operations organization, deploying and operating complex cloud infrastructure at scale
- Significant experience with open source platforms and technologies.
- Track record of architecting, developing, implementing robust, distributed online solutions.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible).
- Experience in mixed Windows/Unix/Linux environments.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)