Senior Network Engineer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
We’re looking for a Network Engineer who will design and provide operational support for highly complex data center networks which include multiple data centers and cloud providers. In this role, the engineer will design and implement network solutions according to business requirements, interact with vendors, and collaborate with teams throughout the organization. The engineer will also perform network installation, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for a variety of networking devices. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
You’ll Get To:
- Provide superb support with a customer first attitude.
- Implement local and global IP networks for LAN, WAN and Data Center environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of production network infrastructure and telecommunications services.
- Provide expertise, technical guidance and support to fellow production operations team members.
- Design, deploy and maintain network management, monitoring, caching and load balancing solutions.
- Collaborate with server engineering, application engineering, and information security to ensure seamless operation of network services and timely capacity and security upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and sensible infrastructure performance metrics.
- Interact with vendors and service providers; evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
What You’ll Bring:
Years of Experience in Related Field: Minimum 7 Years
Education: Masters Preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Progressive experience in building and maintaining networks, including hands-on experience with high-availability, high-performance redundant infrastructures.
- Experience with cloud networking is preferred (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with firewall configuration and management (Palo Alto Network, Cisco ASA and Panorama)
- Proven experience in Data Center Routing and Switching
- LAN/WAN routing and Layer 2 & 3 switching (OSPF, BGP, STP, VLAN).
- Experience deploying and supporting load balancing (F5) and traffic shaping technologies.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and adhere to change management principles.
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware, software, OSI Layer1-7 protocols and services, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, IPSec, QoS, and SSL
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Good working knowledge of network security tools and technologies (firewalls, access control, encryption, multifactor authentication and IDS/IPS).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, packet capture, protocol analysis and performance diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, Operating Systems, Active Directory, databases and scripting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.