It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and is always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
BlackLine, a rapidly growing financial software company, is looking for a Sales Executive. The ideal candidate would have prior experience selling enterprise software solutions to CFOs and Controllers of large corporations with annual revenue greater than $750M.
BlackLine is an employer of choice and offers robust compensation, great benefits, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Prospect daily for new logo business and also within the assigned install base accounts
- Assist in establishing effective sales strategies and tactics that result in new business generation and expanding current business within assigned territory.
- Schedule and complete weekly activities which include cold calling, phone prospecting, and face-to-face meetings.
- Document daily activity in SalesForce to track performance.
- Update sales business plans on a monthly basis to optimize sales results
- Work closely with other departments and support staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, demos, legal contracts, implementation of software, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Achieve annual sales targets and average monthly revenue quotas on a consistent basis.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise, finance/accounting, and/or SaaS solutions
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing a territory
- Ability to be a knowledgeable adviser to clients and prospects with a well-developed consultative selling style
- Proven history of meeting quota consistently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in understanding the Value-Based sales cycle (Discovery to Close)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- A strong background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance departments
- Experience selling SaaS software to large corporations
- Bachelor’s degree
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- A company that believes in providing the best possible service to its clients and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]