Technical Implementations Consultant
BlackLine is seeking a Technical Implementations Consultant. The primary purpose of the Technical Implementations Consultant is to assist our clients’ technical teams during the implementation of BlackLine products. The Technical Implementation Consultant will act as the primary liaison with client technical teams to ensure the client’s technical environment can sustain and support BlackLine products. The Technical Implementations Consultant will collaborate and provide support to other internal BlackLine professionals during all phases of implementation projects.
- Support BlackLine implementation projects and act as a technical resource for clients and Professional Services team
- Work with clients and management to define and document business requirements in order to set up web services connections, APIs and/or comparable solutions
- Configure BlackLine web services and APIs in order to establish data connectivity for clients’ existing ERP systems.
- Participate in multiple concurrent implementation projects with little supervision
- Maintains thorough documentation throughout the implementation to include billable hours, Salesforce notes & documentation, expense management, et cetera
- Manage and sets proper expectations with stakeholders (internal & client) throughout the implementation lifecycle
- Train and advise clients to properly use BlackLine products to best fit their individual needs based on best practices
- Obtain buy-in from clients on features and functionality of BlackLine products
- Offer recommendations to clients for improving performance gaps and system options to achieve best functionality
- Assess and troubleshoot & test BlackLine products during the implementation cycle
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated strong technical problem-solving & critical thinking skills
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Previous implementation experience
- Ability to maintain multiple shifting priorities simultaneously
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of contacts in the organization (support staff to VP’s and Controllers)
- Experience in a SaaS technology environment
- Knowledge of web services including SOAP, WSDL and UDDI, JSON messaging
- Knowledge of API installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of middleware systems and configuration for ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, et cetera
- Knowledge of accounting terminology
- Knowledge of SQL
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.