The Education Consultant will design, develop and deliver engaging training content that is consumed by our customers, partners, and employees. Training content is primarily product focused. This position communicates with internal departments to inform training content and needs. This position also communicates with external partners and customers regarding deployment of training.
Roles and Responsibility
- Leverages Camtasia, Articulate, and Captivate software to design, develop, and maintain a variety of product training content including eLearning, video-on-demand, instructor led, and certification.
- Co-leads projects through the design lifecycle: from analysis, to design, development, and finalization (launch) of the course.
- Authors instructional text and audio scripts to be used to build effective video content at various levels of complexity.
- Delivers content (across multiple product lines) to different audiences via live instructor-led classroom (public, onsite) or virtual classroom.
- Records video content for non-live instructor led training courses, using Camtasia or in studio for the video on-demand training medium.
- Collaborates with product development, professional services, customer success, etc. to solicit input for course development and improvement and generate solutions to issues and execute upon them.
- Attends customer events (e.g., user conferences), facilitating workshops and training classes and interacting directly with customers to provide consultation and solutions to training questions.
- Identifies and creates training solutions at varying levels of complexity that support the business strategy, as well as the product and curriculum roadmaps in a scalable manner.
- Updates training content as product capabilities change and grow.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 3-4 years of experience in instructional design and evaluation
- 2-3 years of experience in delivering training delivery virtually and on-site.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Understanding of SaaS implementation methodology and training touch points.
- Strong presentation skills, including presenting in front of large groups and managing a classroom environment.
- Commitment to high-quality in training materials adhering to Curriculum Development standards, best practices, and processes.
- Ability to conceptualize and present technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- A continuous development mentality to explore new technologies, capabilities, and methods for effective adult training.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple, on-going projects and adhere to project timelines and schedules.
- Ability to work collaboratively, establish excellent relationships with customers and extended training team especially Implementation, Partner Enablement, and Customer Success.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, across all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience using training tools and technologies.
- Experience in eLearning and ILT course design, storyboarding, student and instructor guides, lab exercises, and job aides.
- Demonstrated experience using tools such as Articulate, Camtasia Studio, Captivate, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience with BlackLine or other common financial systems such as Hyperion, etc.
- Experience in a professional services organization, support, or training.
- Accounting/financial background or understanding of these concepts.
- Experience delivering virtual training or presenting with WebEx or similar application.
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply.