Director, Engineering-Integration Platform
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services that empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Job SummaryBlackLine SaaS is the system of interaction for finance and accounting teams and it integrates with numerous ERPs, CRMs, Payment systems, Point of Sale systems and other applications. In this role, you will be responsible for building the next generation highly scalable, secure, extensible, reliable and self-service integration platform. This modern integration platform will support bi-directional flow of master and transactional data while offering a choice of batch (e.g. SFTP), real time (e.g. APIs and Streaming) and event driven processing. No two ERP implementations, even from the same vendor, are alike. The key is to support customization through configuration, and not building point-to-point integrations for thousands of BlackLine clients. This is a transformational role requiring exceptional technical, communication and collaboration skills. We're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
- Recruit, develop, inspire and lead integration platform engineering team.
- Collaborate with application Developers, Product Management, Customer Implementation teams, and Customers to collect, clarify and analyze needs.
- Develop and execute integration platform strategy, roadmap and architecture that supports both on-prem and cloud based 3rd party systems.
- Evaluate and own decisions to arrive at the best mix of build, buy and open source technologies.
- Plan, design and implement a highly scalable, secure, extensible, reliable and self-service integration platform in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Evaluate existing integrations and define a migration path to onboard them on the new integration platform.
- Share your passion for engineering and deliver software that customers love to use!
- Promote a culture of success, pride, high-performance and creativity.
- Deep expertise in integrating with on-prem and cloud-based ERPs / CRMs / payments systems.
- Cloud Native experience in designing integration solutions for both batch and event driven architectures.
- Strong working experience with core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications.
- Experience with integration platforms, such as, Informatica, Boomi, MuleSoft or NiFi.
- Experience with various integration patterns, styles and technologies, such as, pub-sub, channel, hub and spoke, event driven, message routing, API gateway, on-prem agents, etc.
- Hands-on experience with various database and storage technologies.
- Deep understanding of both technical and non-technical requirements for enterprise SaaS at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability and security.
- Inspirational and highly collaborative leadership style, capable of building top-talent teams, cross-functional bridges, and high-impact architectures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues to support the strategic goals.
- Experience in hiring, training, mentoring, and managing multiple teams.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in software design and development, with a proven track record of delivery, paired with increasing responsibility in technical and strategic roles.
- 4+ years of experience with Enterprise SaaS solutions and modern web technologies.
- Prior experience with NiFi and Mini-Fi at scale.
- Familiar with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft).
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.