It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
The Manager – SaaS Platform is responsible for leading a talented, cross functional team in enhancing our high performance, cloud-based, SaaS Platform. We're looking for people who not only have a strong technical background and interest, but who want to drive innovation in people management, motivation and growth. You’ll be working with and mentoring talented individuals and working closely with other teams and departments to brainstorm, innovate and ultimately deliver the best client integration and user experience. If you don't just see management as the next logical step, but are a passionate, driven leader, you can be a great fit for our team.
You’ll Get To:
- Manage and recruit to a cross functional Agile Team Back-end Developers to deliver valuable functionality to our clients.
- Define and drive an overall unifying vision for the team and its projects, processes, workflows, and related areas through motivation, consensus building and leading change.
- Implement and drive adaptations to team and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas.
- Leverage your technical and domain knowledge to partner with Product representatives and your team in defining project deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and, ultimately, to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Work with Product and technical stakeholders to define project requirements and deliverables, and, ultimately, plan and manage the timely delivery of high quality projects.
- Review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across team members, and proactively engage, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize upon strengths or mitigate gaps.
- Effectively plan, communicate and conduct presentations (project milestones, risk mitigation, road maps, resource needs, technical information, etc.) for senior management and stakeholders, while conveying and driving actionable items to your team.
- Work closely, partner, and collaborate with our principal architect to provide exceptional solutions that adhere to, or create, standards across teams.
- Manage budget and resources for your team.
- Effectively communicate and resolve personnel issues on your team.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews and hands-on work in your respective domain.
- Manage day to day administrative tasks such as time off requests, sick days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Recent prior experience as a Manager and/or Technical Lead in software development of large-scale web applications, with at least 8 years of experience in your respective domain.
- Prior experience of managing Platform Team.
- 2+ years of onsite employee supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in API gateway implementation, preferably Apigee.
- Prior experience in Event Driven Architecture and Implementation, preferably with Kafka.
- Prior experience on Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML Federation, SSO (using Okta, Ping Federate or similar)
- Exceptional communication and people skills, with a passion for product excellence, talent development and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration concepts and best practices, including full SDLC.
- Strong experience in Agile methodology, processes, and best practices.
- Experience in TDD concepts, methodologies, and best practices (i.e., mocks, spies, unit tests, code coverage, etc.). BDD experience is a plus.
- Experience with technical design and hands-on work within a modern OOP-based language (C#, Java, Python, etc.) and related stack.
- Experience in modern Database platforms, including such items as data modeling, stored procedures, schema definitions, performance and scaling considerations.
- Recent experience working with, troubleshooting and tuning across all layers of a modern SaaS, N-Tier, web-based application.
- Understanding of QA standards and best practices, including automation, regression, and smoke testing, white/black-box testing, and related QA processes.
- BS, EE or CS degree is a plus.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Prior experience in breaking a monolith application into scalable microservices running in a public cloud.
- Deep understanding of open source or commercial workflow engines and BPM suites.
- Familiar with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms.
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]