Manager, Quality Engineering
As a Quality Engineering Manager, you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing and driving high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will be managing a team of highly technical QE engineers and will report to the Sr. Director of QE. Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your direct reports and peers across the organization.
The ideal candidate will bring in the thought leadership and evangelize quality standards to the overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality and will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Provide hands-on leadership including career development and mentorship to a team of globally distributed SDETs
- Responsible for identifying staffing/ hiring needs for the applications, as well as still being very hands on with technical aspects of the projects.
- Define and direct the overall test strategy and test plans for the applications, and presenting it to the key stakeholders
- Provide deep attention to details during all phases of SDLC including planning, design, implementation and testing through delivery and maintenance
- Provide time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed test solutions based on technical and business requirements.
- Be highly results driven and have a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to lead major workshops, team gatherings including documenting and reporting the outcome from those sessions
- Drive every quality aspects of the company’s multi-cloud migration strategy and plan
- Support continuous improvement processes, analyzing problems, recommending actions for effective resolution and implement them with industry standard best practices
- Require 50% people/ project management and 50% hands-on responsibilities
- Execute Quality Engineering (QE) forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- Provide technical leadership to other QE staff as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Partner with leadership, peers and sister-teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the what and how of Quality within BlackLine.
- Technical leader with extensive experience in driving test solutions for complex SaaS product environments.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development or Quality Engineering, 4+ years in management preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in building automated test solutions to frontend, middle tier, and backend interfaces and RESTful services.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent domain
- Detailed knowledge of modern backend technologies for web development: Java, .Net, web services (REST), and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically C#.
- Extensive experience managing globally distributed team
- Experience in certifying Cloud migration especially GCP and/ or mobile testing is a huge plus!
- Prior hands-on experience with test automation tools such as Selenium is required.
- Ability to dive deep and solve complicated test automation and troubleshooting challenges
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities to drive operational metrics and capacity planning
- Strong verbal and communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QE vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive, self-motivated and enthusiastic.