Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will enable the company’s use of data as a strategic asset of corporate goals and objectives. He or She will be responsible for strategically designing, developing, and implementing enterprise-level BI solutions, data integrations and analytical applications. This role is responsible for understanding and documenting data sources, usage and lineage for enterprise information. The role must drive the completion of projects within the established scope, while simultaneously planning for and managing unknown future BI requirements in a dynamic environment.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Analyzes business and technical requirements, translate them to high level design documents.
- Design and implement BI tools and processes for data intake from multiple sources.
- Establish and maintain data security and compliance, access controls, data governance.
- Design and implement user analytical and visualization tools.
- Provide support to the BI users on the effective use of reporting tools and data structure
- Identify requirements, design, create, deploy, monitor and support BI reports and dashboards, shared object and cubes to empower discovery and information-sharing for business partners.
- Utilize expertise and knowledge of data modeling, ETL, and report design for department initiatives, and produce detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams as needed.
- Lead small to medium scope projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units
Years of Experience in Related Field: 7+ years technical experience in areas of data architecture, data modeling, data management, data warehouse environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of warehouse design, data engineering and/or data governance.
- Understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation, and optimization.
- Solid understanding of relational and dimensional database domains.
- Strong experience with data warehouse, ETL and BI technologies.
- Advanced query and SQL skills.
- Software and scripts development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of on-prem and cloud-based IT infrastructure.
- Strong background in master data management, metadata management, information lifecycle design, and development.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, Adaptive Planning, and NetSuite database structure
- Expertise with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to get things done.
- Presentation skills to various levels of the organization including executive management.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]