Customer Success Manager-SAP
The Customer Success Manager SAP (CSMSAP) delivers post-sales efforts to their assigned customers via a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with the BlackLine SAP Solex onboarded customer segment. This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize the SAP customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The CSMSAP uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their SAP domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. These deliverables include, coaching, demonstrations, Business Review, Customer Success Reviews, Success Path and appropriate training required to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their SAP/BlackLine subscription. The CSMSAP may also interface with the SAP Account Representative, the BlackLine Account Owner and the future SAP CSM team.
The CSMSAP leads customer events with ease and may or may not produce their own presentation content relevant to the audience. Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all SAP BlackLine activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and business strategy, allowing the full potential of their BlackLine solution to be realized. The CSMSAP reports to the VP Customer Success however, works independently and requires minimal contact or direction from the VP Customer Success.
- Deliver on Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with the SAP BlackLine onboarded customer segment.
- Answer clients’ platform, product and domain questions within the defined customer success program criteria and timeframes.
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business objectives, within the SAP/BlackLine agreement.
- Perform Success Planning activities for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and any challenges to deliver relevant and pertinent demonstrations, coaching and/or referrals to other Customer Teams.
- Continually communicate the SAP BlackLine value to customer through the entire client lifecycle, including their renewal process.
- Work as a team with the SAP sales executives, BlackLine Account Owner and other departments on account planning focused on product adoption, increased customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk.
- Deliver actionable advice and expertise to customers regarding the features and usage of the SAP/BlackLine’s solutions to attain adoption optimization goals.
- Perform effective customer demonstrations, Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, coaching activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Be able to address SAP Solex assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices.
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn.
- Identify and report on “at-risk” clients, including impact on renewals, and guide customers through a successful “Red → Green” process.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications.
- Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist with the provision of customer references.
- Assist in BlackLine Community to answer SAP Solex customer questions.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software (Gainsight) and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Domain expertise - 5+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- 4 Years Customer facing experience (internal or external)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and high-pressure situations with poise diplomacy and tact.
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Excellent listening and empathy skills: you identify with the customer and want to help solve their problem
- Strong verbal and written professional communication
- Demonstrate natural strong presentation skills natural comfortable passion for presenting
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- 2+ years SAP and BlackLine experience or demonstrated advanced knowledge of solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification
- Travel up to 40%