Senior Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and is always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
The BlackLine Strategy & Corporate Development team works closely with the Executive Team to define the strategic direction of the company, lead deep-dive analysis on critical “needle-moving” topics, lead M&A execution, and manage communication with the Board of Directors. This is a small, nimble team with high visibility in the company and direct ownership and accountability of topics. The Senior Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development will either lead or assist in all aspects of potential M&A transactions - strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
Make Your Mark:
- Function as a team member in a variety of strategy and corporate development projects, including research and identification of targets for emerging business opportunities, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships.
- Build and own models for various business scenarios, including business cases, M&A models, and pricing analysis, and present recommendations for action based on conclusions drawn. Recommendations will be heavily weighted for decisioning the go-forward path.
- Assist in research and analysis for key strategic areas through deep dives into multiple sources - industry and market information, customer and partner interviews, 3rd party research, etc.
- Support the financial and strategic evaluation of corporate development opportunities
- Provide actionable strategy recommendations based on analysis, present findings to senior management, and assist in preparing documentation for Board of Directors
- Support business units with strategy development and execution
- Thoroughly map out and continuously monitor BlackLine’s strategic landscape in various sectors
- Analyze company financial statements, organizational design, and basic technology stacks
- Conduct strategic fit and business opportunity analyses
- Serve as key team member and lead note taker for all phases of M&A discussions
- Help to develop and manage integration timelines
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a proven history of high achievement
- 2-4 years of experience as an analyst/associate in an investment bank or a venture capital firm, with an emphasis on the software space, or a corporate development department
- Experience managing M&A transactions, and the supporting process and documentation
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, with the ability to produce and present clear reports and presentations
- Highly collaborative – Strong interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships, as evidenced by a track record of teamwork in cross-functional teams
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- A company that believes in providing the best possible service to its clients and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]