Data Warehouse Developer
The Data Warehouse Developer will expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. He or She will be responsible for strategically designing, developing, and implementing enterprise-level data warehousing solutions, data integrations and analytical applications. This role is responsible for understanding and documenting data sources, usage and lineage for enterprise information. The Data Warehouse Developer must drive the completion of projects within the established scope, while simultaneously planning for and managing unknown future BI requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Play an instrumental role in developing the data warehouse and BI strategy and initiatives.
- Analyzes business and technical requirements, translate them to high level design documents.
- Design and implement enterprise data warehouse, physical and logical data models (dimensions, schemas, hierarchies, data elements and marts) supporting business needs.
- Design and implement ETL tools and processes for data intake from multiple sources.
- Establish and maintain data security and compliance, access controls, data governance.
- Design and implement user analytical and visualization tools.
- Provide support to the BI users on the effective use of reporting tools and data structure
- Identify requirements, design, create, deploy, monitor and support BI reports and dashboards, shared object and cubes to empower discovery and information-sharing for business partners.
- Utilize expertise in data modeling, ETL, and report design for department initiatives, and produce detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams as needed.
- With minimal supervision work on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields.
- 5+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of data architecture, data modeling, data management, data warehouse environment
- Deep understanding of warehouse design, data engineering and/or data governance.
- Understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation, and optimization.
- Deep understanding of relational and dimensional database domains.
- Strong experience with data warehouse and ETL technologies.
- Advanced query and SQL skills.
- Software and scripts development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of on-prem and cloud-based IT infrastructure.
- Strong background in master data management, metadata management, information lifecycle design, and development.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, Adaptive Planning, and NetSuite database structure is a big plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to get things done.
- Presentation skills to various levels of the organization including executive management.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience.