Data Warehouse BI & Visualization Developer
The Data Warehouse – BI Visualization Engineer will enable the company’s use of data as a strategic asset of corporate goals and objectives. He or She will be responsible for strategically designing, developing, and implementing enterprise-level BI solutions, data integrations and analytical applications. This role is responsible for understanding and documenting data sources, usage and lineage for enterprise information. The DW-BI & Visualization engineer must drive the completion of projects within the established scope, while simultaneously planning for and managing unknown future BI requirements in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will have extensive hands on experience as a Visualization Designer working with Tableau, creating prototypes, dashboards and data warehouses.
Preference will be given to engineers who have worked with Google Data Studio, Looker and Tableau.
- Play an instrumental role in developing the data warehouse and BI strategy and initiatives.
- Analyzes business and technical requirements, translate them to high level design documents.
- Design and implement BI tools and processes for data intake from multiple sources.
- Establish and maintain data security and compliance, access controls, data governance.
- Design and implement user analytical and visualization tools.
- Provide support to the BI users on the effective use of reporting tools and data structure
- Identify requirements, design, create, deploy, monitor and support BI reports and dashboards, shared object and cubes to empower discovery and information-sharing for business partners.
- Utilize expertise and knowledge of data modeling, ETL, and report design for department initiatives, and produce detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams as needed.
- With minimal supervision work on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields.
- 5+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of data architecture, data modeling, data management, data warehouse environment
- Deep understanding of warehouse design, data engineering and/or data governance.
- Understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation, and optimization.
- Deep understanding of relational and dimensional database domains.
- Strong experience with data warehouse, ETL and BI technologies.
- Advanced query and SQL skills.
- Software and scripts development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of on-prem and cloud-based IT infrastructure.
- Strong background in master data management, metadata management, information lifecycle design, and development.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, Adaptive Planning, and NetSuite database structure is a big plus.
- Expertise with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, and Looker.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to get things done.
- Presentation skills to various levels of the organization including executive management.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience.