Finance Transformation Consultant
The Finance Transformation Consultant will serve as the BlackLine project manager and functional design lead in implementations, working closely with key client stakeholders. This role serves as a seasoned advisor to our clients on how to enable processes in BlackLine and guides them through the implementation process. This role requires coordination with cross-functional client representatives (Controllership, Finance, Tax, Treasury, etc.) and internal BlackLine resources. This role must possess deep expertise in BlackLine products, end-to-end intercompany processes, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, finance transformation and project management. While engaging with our clients, the Finance Transformation Consultant should leverage knowledge and experience to capture pain points, prioritize objectives, and gain cross-functional alignment on the recommended solution and roadmap. This position leads workshops, aligns business processes, configures the BlackLine application, and guides our clients on successful implementations. This individual navigates escalations and influences various stakeholders with strategic direction. The Finance Transformation Consultant is also expected to work closely with our sales, marketing, service and product organizations to help expand our pipeline and close large deals.
Leading Implementations (Billable):
- Leads the in-depth discovery, design, and deployment of our transformation projects to streamline the financial close and enabling continuous accounting capabilities (most notably for intercompany).
- Communicates regularly with clients, implementation partners, and internal BlackLine resources to manage project activities.
Delivery & Support:
- Maintains key client relationships established during the sale process to ensure expectations are met throughout delivery and support.
- Assists in driving the client solution roadmap working closely with implementations, customer success Consultants, and the product team.
Driving Process Enablement:
- Participates in and leads client-facing activities throughout various stages of the deal lifecycle in identifying automation opportunities, solutions, and implementations phases and related planning.
- Identifies areas of improvement and collaborates with the client to derive the upmost value from the product and to increase long term utilization of BlackLine.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned
- Collaborates with product, marketing and services in order to assist in the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, competitive comparisons, sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, etc.) and to help with evangelize our strategic products.
- Trains and mentors the broader community of Solution Consultants.
- Leads the ongoing development of our strategic product playbook and demonstration environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to translate prospective client objectives into solutions enabled by our strategic products
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations
- Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement
- Experience managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts
- Experience engaging with various Finance functions (e.g., accounting, FP&A, tax, treasury, reporting, division finance, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage projects, while engaging a broader team
- CPA preferred
- Up to 75% travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]