Manager, Business Development Singapore
The Manager of Business Development will oversee all activities of an internal team of BlackLine’s Business Development Reps (BDR’s) in support the APAC geography in Singapore. This includes managing inbound BDR activity, which entails qualifying inquiries from various lead sources, all marketing campaigns, website programs, call-ins, emails, conferences and other channels. Coordinate outbound BDR activity between internal and outside resources; manage internal outbound BDR activity which entails researching and engaging with target accounts.
The Manager will ensure that BDR’s are well-equipped to analyze each prospect’s needs and create a strong business case to underscore the value & ROI of our software solutions. This position reports to the Manager, Global Business Development Operations and will support the APAC BDR's, developing sales qualified meetings (SQMs) and tracking lead hand-offs to close deals.
- Manage the day-to-day activities, priorities and performance of the internal APAC BDR team.
- Work with Sales to establish and coordinate target accounts for outbound BDR activity.
- Ensure BDR's are prepared to qualify and develop marketing generated inbound leads: as well as penetrate, engage and develop target accounts.
- Work with prospects to thoroughly understand their needs and align their needs with our solution; actively understand our technology, solutions and industry trends in order to effectively communicate the value proposition and ROI of our solution.
- Schedule demonstrations between prospects and Solution Consultants; handle software capability and other questions in the pre-sales or business development process and after qualifying a prospect, ensure appointments are properly coordinated with the appropriate Sales Representatives while tracking all aspects of follow up.
- Functions as a “Player/Coach” as both a leader and doer, providing position leadership and insights, supporting corporate strategic objectives, as well as being a ‘hands-on’ member of the staff
- Listen in on BDR calls on a weekly basis to provide coaching and feedback and to document best practices across the team
- Review BDR emails on a weekly basis to provide feedback and to document best practices across the team
- Thoroughly understand our technology, solutions and industry trends to effectively train/mentor the BDR team.
- Assist in recruiting and training new BDR’s.
- Help create and execute any additional BDR training programs as needed.
- Work with the Manager, Global Business Development Operations to establish and optimize processes, workflows, hand offs and tracking of lead generation, lead development and sales activities.
- Track key metrics for evaluating BDR performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure accurate tracking of communications with potential customers in SalesForce.com by BDR’s and other reps.
- Provide weekly accurate SAL and SQM (Sales Qualified Meeting) forecasts to the Manager, Global Business Development Operations
- Meet monthly and quarterly qualified leads and revenue objectives for the BDR team.
- Strategize and plan BDR calling activity to align with email and other marketing campaigns to generate new sales leads.
- Participate in marketing campaign strategy and planning meetings to help design new lead generation campaigns that maximize overall results.
- Must be highly motivated and outgoing with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Must be in Singapore and work at BlackLine's Singapore office.
- Have at least 3 year of sales management or similar experience.
- Have a high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism.
- Be a self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills.
- Must be open minded and have a willingness to learn.
- Must be competitive and focused on achieving goals.
- Must have an aptitude for leadership and be able to guide and motivate employees.
- Have some accounting knowledge (degree or job experience).
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Accounting or Business degree preferred.