Customer Success Manager 2
The Customer Success Manager 2 (CSM2) delivers post-sales efforts to their assigned customers via a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s). This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The CSM2 uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. These deliverables include, coaching, demonstrations, Business Review, Customer Success Reviews, Success Path and appropriate training required to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their BlackLine subscription. The CSM2 acts as a mentor/buddy to new CSM1s and assists the Customer Enablement team with onboarding. Leads customer events with ease and may or may not produce their own presentation content relevant to the audience. Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all BlackLine activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and business strategy, allowing the full potential of their BlackLine solution to be realized. The CSM2 reports to the Manager, Customer Success however, works independently and requires minimal contact with the Manager Customer Success.
- Deliver on Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s) as it relates to assigned customers.
- Own customer relationship for entire BlackLine journey after initial contract execution.
- Answer clients’ platform, product and domain questions within the defined customer success program criteria and timeframes.
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business objectives
- Perform Success Planning activities for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and any challenges to deliver relevant and pertinent demonstrations, coaching and/or referrals to other Customer Teams.
- Continually communicate BlackLine value to customer through the entire client lifecycle, including their renewal process.
- Work as a team with sales executives and other departments on strategic account planning focused on account expansion, reduction of license and product adoption whitespace, increased customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk.
- Deliver actionable advice and expertise to customers regarding the features and usage of BlackLine’s solutions to attain product and license expansion and adoption optimization goals.
- Perform effective customer demonstrations, Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, coaching activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Lead client discovery sessions on account expansion and product adoption whitespace, and coordinate requirements definition with internal teams to obtain and issue client statements of work for new implementation projects.
- Be able to address assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes.
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn.
- Identify and report on “at-risk” clients, including impact on renewals, and guide customers through a successful “Red → Green” process.
- Coordinate with BlackLine Partner Channel team as well as specific partners, as needed.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications.
- Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist with the provision of customer references.
- Assist in BlackLine Community as a Moderator.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Domain expertise - 5+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- 4 Years Customer facing experience (internal or external)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and high-pressure situations with poise diplomacy and tact.
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Excellent listening and empathy skills: you identify with the customer and want to help solve their problem
- Strong verbal and written professional communication
- Demonstrate natural strong presentation skills natural comfortable passion for presenting
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- 2+ years BlackLine experience or demonstrated advanced knowledge of BlackLine solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.