Senior Software Engineer, Integration Platform
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
BlackLine SaaS is the system of interaction for finance and accounting teams and it integrates with numerous ERPs, CRMs, Payment systems, Point of Sale systems and other applications. You will play a crucial role in building the next generation highly scalable, secure, extensible, reliable and self-service integration platform. This modern integration platform will support bi-directional flow of master and transactional data while offering a choice of batch (e.g. SFTP), real time (e.g. APIs and Streaming) and event driven processing. No two ERP implementations, even from the same vendor, are alike. The key is to support customization through configuration, and not building point-to-point integrations for thousands of BlackLine clients. This is a transformational role requiring exceptional technical, communication and collaboration skills.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Design, develop, test, optimize, scale, maintain and improve highly scalable and secure distributed backend services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others’ code.
- Help in project planning by identifying cross-team dependencies and effort estimation.
- Actively participate and contribute to architecture and design of complex problems.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
- Experience in designing integration solutions for batch, API and event driven architectures.
- Strong working experience with microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications.
- Experience with various integration patterns, styles and technologies, such as, pub-sub, channel, hub and spoke, event driven, message routing, API gateway, on-prem agents, etc.
- Hands-on experience with various database technologies.
- Fluent in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C#, Java or C++.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Technical influencer in design and architecture.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and solid understanding of cloud-native services.
- Experience with integration platforms, such as, Informatica, Boomi, MuleSoft or NiFi.
- Good knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- Familiar with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft).
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]