Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
BlackLine is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Global Commission Team. This position will be reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Variable Compensation. This individual is responsible for all monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and activities related to commissions. The perfect individual for this role will require a strong finance knowledge and the ability to quickly learn all aspects of our systems and data to enable them to create, analyze and produce commissions-related metrics and reports to better support and inform the business and decision makers.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes for commission accruals, journal entries, amortization schedules and payroll validation.
- Prepare and manage difficult/complex account reconciliations related to commissions
- Build, create and produce commissions-related metrics/reports to better support the business and decision makers
- Manage all request and serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external auditors related to commissions
- Ensure commission processes are aligned with policy, procedures and controls
- Produce timely, accurate high-quality work and seek ways to improve and promote efficiencies within the department.
- Be the subject matter expert on commissions functionality by demonstrating a deep understanding of the Order to Cash process and how it integrates with Salesforce/CPQ/SAP
- Become a strong team member by learning all aspects of the SAP/Callidus commission platform
- Synthesize and determine the accounting impact of payments made under ASC 606.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as needed
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5 years in Accounting, preferably in a SaaS environment
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA/Big 4 experience preferred but not required
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Strong report automation skillset required
- Demonstrate history of automating manual process
- Strong analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and technically savvy
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently and perform under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with sales commissions systems is a benefit, notably Callidus Cloud, preferred but not required
- NetSuite ERP, Salesforce and CPQ experience preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]