Product Manager II
BlackLine’s Product Manager works at the intersection of business, design, and technology. We are passionate leaders and subject matter experts who learn on the fly, find clever solutions to challenging problems, and make decisions that guide BlackLine’s long-term strategy. Day-in and day-out, we work with customers and analysts to shape the roadmap, designers and engineers to build products, and sales/services to take our products to market and deliver value for our customers.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Own one or more areas of the Platform Product Portfolio, such as product integrations, core components, and connectivity frameworks, to meet business objectives
- Define, maintain, and execute on Four Quarter product roadmaps
- Create and drive product vision and strategy
- Conduct research to gather information from customers, prospects, internal and external stakeholders to influence and validate the product strategy
- Work with and provide product leadership for cross-functional teams in the planning and development lifecycle to plan iterations, provide developer-ready user stories and own the product backlog
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for design, delivery, evangelism, and adoption of products
Years of Experience in Related Field: 2-5 Years
Education: BA/BS in a STEM field & MBA Preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understand and explain technical systems and workflows, understanding limitations and communicating effectively with engineers
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to build lean canvasses to outline business cases and opportunities
- Lead Agile processes and provide user story based requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to make decisions
- Comfort working in both a team environment and in a self-directed role
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of modern software application architectures, public cloud technologies, and engineering patterns and practices
- Familiarity with market and organizational elements of both SaaS and Enterprise-scale Software
- Experience in integrating and scaling distributed systems
Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required. This role may require periodic travel in order to meet with clients, attend industry events, or support BlackLine-sponsored events.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.