Software Engineer, Platform
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
As a Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application and data platform. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based backend platform components, services and frameworks, including but not limited to Event Bus, API Gateway, Developer Portal, Job Scheduler, Identity Management, Search, Workflow Orchestration and Data Integration.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, optimize, scale, maintain and improve backend software systems and services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by supporting good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and bring them to the attention of your team lead.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- Familiar with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and good understanding of cloud-native services.
- Experienced in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C#, Java or C++.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, scalable code.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.