Senior Network Engineer
- Provide superb support with customer first attitude.
- Design and implement local and global IP networks for LAN, WAN and Data Center environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of production network infrastructure and telecommunications services.
- Provide expertise, technical guidance and support to fellow production operations team members.
- Design, deploy and maintain network management, monitoring, caching and load balancing solutions.
- Collaborate with server engineering, application engineering, and information security to ensure seamless operation of network services and timely capacity and security upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and sensible infrastructure performance metrics.
- Interact with vendors and service providers; evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in building and maintaining networks, including hands-on experience with high-availability, high-performance redundant infrastructures.
- Proven experience in Cisco-centric routing, switching, and security technologies.
- LAN/WAN routing and Layer 2 & 3 switching (OSPF, BGP, STP, vlans).
- Experience deploying and supporting load balancing, caching and traffic shaping technologies.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and adhere to change management principles.
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware, software, OSI Layer1-7 protocols and services, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, MPLS, IPSec, QoS, SSL, firewalls (ASA/Palo Alto Networks) and wireless.
- Experience with network security tools and technologies (firewalls, access control, encryption, multifactor authentication, IDS/IPS, RADIUS, 802.1x).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including networking, protocol analysis, and performance diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, Operating systems, Active Directory, databases, scripting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form).
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.