Senior Scrum Master
Scrum Masters are responsible for the overall focus of work and individual tasks and priorities in the course of projects. They provide constant attention and support to the project team itself to enable the team to work efficiently, collaborate with each other and their peers, and be successful as a group. Scrum Masters help establish and track key performance indicators related not just to a given project's overall health, but also the team's cohesion and work load. Additionally, Scrum Masters provide timely and accurate status reports as to the overall state of a given period of work not just upwards to executive management and stakeholders, but also to the team itself in order to foster empowerment, ownership, improvements and changes based on the team's own feedback as well as the impact the team has on its own work and unity.
- Work with the Engineering Manager of a software development team to focus the team's work effort, address risks/areas of concerns, provide feedback, and support the health of the team as a whole
- Facilitate and maintain consistent and beneficial Agile Process methodologies within a software development team by conducting daily standups, sprint retrospective, sprint planning, grooming/demo sessions, etc.
- Provide regular status reports for executive management detailing overall project health: time/task tracking, risks, completions, capacity issues, roadblocks, and other key performance indicators as required
- Work with Product Owners and related Stakeholders to identify and clarify priority of project-related tasks and overall project order
- Work with Technical Leads within the software development team and requirement teams (UX, Product, etc.) in order to ensure collaboration and timely deliverability of clear requirements, use cases, user stories, wireframes, product specifications, and other required artifacts needed for the overall success of a project
- Helps determine and maintain overall team velocity and capacity with regards to the team's Roadmap of projects and planning/prioritization
- Proactive escalation of issues of concern or risk related to deliverables, able to work with Stakeholders and Engineering Manager to address or mitigate such issues
- Able to work with multiple teams in a Scrum Master role and is focused on the successful processes and outcomes related to those teams
- Works with Staff Scrum Masters to help define, standardize, enforce, and set consistent project management processes throughout the engineering organization
- Works with less experienced Scrum Master staff to help mentor, train, support, and collaborate on the efforts for their own teams and overall growth in the Scrum Master discipline
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure that the team's backlog is well groomed and actionable for the team, defining acceptable states of tickets, enforcing proper Story format, and the like
- Able to coordinate cross-team efforts and deliveries through collaboration, coordination, and support of the activities of disparate teams supporting the overall successful delivery of project features
- BS, EE or CS degree or equivalent
- Certifications preferred, including: PMI, Scrum Master
- 4 or more years of experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- 5 or more years of experience with Agile Methodology Processes (i.e., SCRUM, Kanban) and the related benefits, specifically including at least working experience with SCRUM methodologies
- 5 or more years of experience with developing and maintaining Web Applications
- 6 or more years of experience with Office Documents: Word, Excel, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience with collaboration/knowledge-base tools: Confluence, MediaWiki, Alfresco, etc.
- Specific working experience with Confluence is preferred
- 5 or more years of experience with Experience with Job Tracking/Issue Tracking tools: Jira, Asana, Basecamp, FogBugz, Trac, etc.
- Specific Working experience with Jira, including maintenance and administration (workflows, permissions, version management, etc.) is preferred
- 5 or more years of experience with Project Planning tools: MS Project, Omniplan, ActiveCollab, FoxPlan, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience with iterative cross-team handoffs/artifacts, such as Wireframes, PRDs, process/flow diagrams, etc., specifically entailing when such documents or handoffs/collaboration sessions are required or needed by the team to ensure their success during development
- 2 or more years of experience working with modern source control systems, including Distributed Version Control Systems such as git
- 2 or more years of experience working with modern software release lifecycle methodologies and practices