Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application and data platform. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based backend platform components, services and frameworks, including but not limited to Event Bus, API Gateway, Developer Portal, Job Scheduler, Identity Management, Search, Workflow Orchestration and Data Integration.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Design, develop, test, optimize, scale, maintain and improve highly scalable and secure distributed backend services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others’ code.
- Help in project planning by identifying cross-team dependencies and effort estimation.
- Actively participate and contribute to architecture and design of complex problems.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and good understanding of cloud-native services.
- Fluent in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C#, .NET, .NET Core.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Proven experience in delivering one or more core platform services, such as API gateway, identity management, authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), workflow orchestration, job scheduling and search.
- Technical influencer in design and architecture.
- Ability to breakdown Epics into user stories
- Experience with SQL, No-SQL, data modeling and transactional flows.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
- Experience in service-oriented architecture.
- Familiar with internet security issues in software design and code.
- Familiar with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms.
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.