Reporting directly into the Senior Director of Revenue and as the leader of the Billing team, this position is responsible for handling day-to-day billing operations for new and existing products and the planning and execution of billing project initiatives, as well as identifying and driving billing process improvements. This individual will have significant cross-departmental interaction, collaborating with the Revenue, Sales Operations, Legal, and Finance teams on a daily basis. Personal activities will include leading the team in designing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with strong finance knowledge and the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the team.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Work to define, improve, and ensure compliance with the company's billing standardization and automation objectives to ensure a streamlined billing process that can be scaled globally.
- Assume primary responsibility for reviewing the work of the billing team
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external auditors as billing related questions arise
- Coordinate with FP&A of the monthly revision of the billing forecast
- Drive continuous improvement in system capabilities and processes for billing efforts focused on producing timely and accurate bills
- Work with finance and product teams to design and execute an operational billing model for new product SKUs. These include development of processes and procedures and determining how the new product SKUs will be entered and invoiced.
- Build and run various reports for the team and various internal customers. Analyze billing information to provide recommendations and data to various internal customers and to ensure accurate understanding of contract and billing information.
- Leverage reporting tools to develop, monitor and report on periodic Billing KPIs to executive levels of management
- Be the subject matter expert on ERP functionality as it relates to the Order to Cash process and how it integrates with SFDC/CPQ
- Lead month-end closing of billing on a timely basis so that the financial close timeline is not adversely impacted
- Improve, monitor and enforce billing policies and procedures, and ensure they evolve appropriately as the company scales
- Serve as customer escalation and resolution point for invoicing issues and disputes
- Coordinate with Collections team to follow-up on customers refusing to pay, incorrect invoice information, underpayments, and past due receivables in a timely manner
- Represent billing function on cross-functional project teams
- Perform other related duties and special projects, as needed
Years of Experience in Related Field: 8-10 in Accounting and/or Billing Operations, preferably in a SaaS environment
Education: - Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Accounting, Finance, or other related field
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Management experience of 3+ years with at least 3 direct reports
- Strong report automation skillset required
- Salesforce system experience preferred
- NetSuite ERP experience preferred
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed, able to work independently