Are your talents being fully utilized? Come join California's Top Design Firm of 2017!
ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
BKF has an immediate opening for a full-time Civil Drafter candidate with strong technical abilities, interest in land development and/or transportation civil engineering, and a strong desire to learn and grow professionally.
Assignments include working with a team of engineers to assist in the preliminary and final engineering stages. Such tasks could include; drafting various surveying maps, plans, exhibits and digital data files using the appropriate CAD software.
- Prepare improvement plans, site plans, Parcel and Tract Maps, Tentative Maps, Record of Survey maps, ALTA survey maps, topographic maps and other maps and exhibits as directed.
- Update drawings and CAD files, as directed by the Project Engineers, Planners, and Surveyors, to keep them current. Responsible for daily backup of CAD drawings.
- Work with standard CAD specifications, and formats that are required by various private firms and government agencies. Enlarge or reduce drawings to fit a specific scale.
- Help maintain the CAD drawing file project directory.
A.A or B.S. in Civil Engineering, Surveying, Design Technology, Engineering Technology or related field from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent plus appropriate continuing education. One year experience performing related engineering or surveying tasks is preferred. Candidate should be familiar with basic engineering and surveying terms and methods along with an understanding of the use of pertinent computer software, which includes AutoCAD Civil 3D. Candidate must have knowledge of mathematics, including algebra and trigonometry. Must have strong communication skills and be team-oriented.
Benefits: BKF offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes; competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical, dental, and vision plans. BKF also offers life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, free coffee, tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and clubs. Annual Company Picnic at Six Flags with free admission for employees and their families, Holiday Casino Party Luncheon and Holiday Dinner Celebration. Employees also have access to BKF’s corporate condo in Lake Tahoe!
What makes BKF a great choice?
- ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
- BKF is on the "Top 100 Hottest firms" list
- "Top Work Place” 2013, 2014, 2015,,2016 &201 7
- ZweigWhite "2014, 2015, 2017 Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S.
- The chance to work on iconic projects
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Professional development training
- Company funded retirement plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
BKF Engineers provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels, health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 13 California offices employing 400+ staff. Our project experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts, justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways, bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.
California offices : Newport Beach . Redwood City. San Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton . Sacramento . Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland . Lathrop . Salinas