Are your talents being fully utilized?
ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
The Resident Engineer will be responsible for successful completion of construction management projects and shall report directly to the Project Manager. Additional responsibilities include attending and running client and contractor meetings, reviewing plans and specifications and ensuring compliance with documents, providing project documentation in the form of letters, RFI/Submittal response, change orders, etc. field inspection, supervising project inspection teams, and providing technical guidance and quality assurance. This position requires extensive client interaction and coordination for all jobsite activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee construction projects for client in field office, studies, design and office services during construction
- Monitoring of construction contractor progress, activities, use of approved materials, use of approved equipment and piping and schedule materials testing
- Review and respond to contractor’s submittals, RFIs, letters and evaluate contractor’s suggestions for minor changes to contract requirements; review contractor’s progress schedules, certificates and operations and maintenance manuals, review and process monthly progress payments, review NOPCs and provide recommendations, review material testing data, perform independent engineer’s estimate for Change orders, negotiate change orders, keep tracing logs for RFis, submittals CCOs, and contingency balances, perform quantity take offs, read staking notes.
- Document construction progress through daily reports; conduct weekly progress meeting and prepare meeting summaries; maintain project files and prepare and process change orders.
- Prepare written documents (i.e. correspondence, proposals, reports, performance evaluations and other construction documents
- Inspect and review project to monitor compliance with the contract documents including building and safety codes, SWPPP requirements, environmental documents and other regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Registered CA Professional Engineer’s License is required.
- Minimum of 4+ years demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through: experience in managing Construction Projects and/or working as a resident engineer with public agencies.
- Strong communication, verbal and written are required.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong project management and client management skills are required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical diagrams
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with diagnostic and quality measuring tools
- Ability to work in industrial setting which includes walking, climbing, bending, and wearing appropriate safety gear
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Computer-aided design (CAD) experience
What makes BKF a great choice?
- ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
- BKF is on the "Top 100 Hottest firms" list
- "Top Work Place” 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Bay Area News Group
- ZweigWhite 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 "Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S.
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal, 8 years in a row
- The chance to work on iconic Bay Area projects
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Professional development training
- Company funded retirement plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
BKF Engineers provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels, health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 13 California offices employing 400+ staff. Our project experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts, justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways, bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.Redwood City. San Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton .Sacramento . Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland . Newport Beach .Lathrop. Salinas