Senior Project Engineer - Transportation
Are your talents being fully utilized? Come join California's Top Design Firm of 2017!
ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
BKF has immediate openings for senior-level civil engineers with strong technical abilities, and experienced in transportation project design and able to lead a team of engineers on small and large projects.
Accelerate your civil engineering career and promote yourself. Work on marquee projects, with a collaborative team in a vibrant environment, and move into Project Management status.
The assignments may include but not limited to one or more of the following:
- Geometric Approval Drawing preparation
- Plans, Estimate and Specification (PS&E) package preparation for Cities, Counties and Caltrans
- Project design and development for grading/drainage
- Utility design including water, sewer and drainage from master planning through construction,
- RFI and submittal review/response during construction
- Research investigations
- Assistance with proposal preparation
- Report preparation,
- and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
As a senior-level civil engineer you will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making adaptations and modifications for transportation geometric design of roadways and highways. You will undertake assignments which have clear and specified objectives that will require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Using prescribed methods you will perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer or Project Manager. You will perform assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. You may plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of technical work in portions of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. You will provide assistance to the Project Managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping client informed on progress. You will supervise or coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments. Keep abreast of new developments/knowledge and methods affecting your area of expertise by participating in continuing education courses and attending training workshops. You will prepare project specifications and cost estimates and use your knowledge of computer software including those programs used for graphic plan preparation, engineering calculations, spreadsheet preparation, and word processing.
The assignments may include one or more of the following: project design and development for grading and utility systems from master planning through construction, test of materials, preparation of specifications, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
Skills / Job Knowledge
- Transportation/roadway/public works experience
- AutoCAD Civil 3D expert level
- Civil/survey experience
- Caltrans experience (especially writing & participating in project study reports & project reports)
- Diversified experience within various stages/design elements of a project is a plus
- Very strong communication skills
B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education. Applicant must be a registered Civil Engineer in the State of California. Background should include experience in land development, roadways, highways, utility systems, grading and drainage. Possess the ability to oversee a minimum staff of 2-6 engineers. 7-10+ years of civil engineering experienced in land development, transportation and public works projects.
Benefits: BKF offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes; competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical, dental, and vision plans. BKF also offers life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, free coffee, tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and clubs. Annual Company Picnic at Six Flags with free admission for employees and their families, Holiday Casino Party Luncheon and Holiday Dinner Celebration. Employees also have access to BKF’s corporate condo in Lake Tahoe!
What makes BKF a great choice?
- ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
- BKF is on the "Top 100 Hottest firms" list
- "Top Work Place” 2013, 2014, 2015,,2016 &201 7
- ZweigWhite "2014, 2015, 2017 Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S.
- The chance to work on iconic projects
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Professional development training
- Company funded retirement plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
BKF Engineers provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels, health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 13 California offices employing 400+ staff. Our project experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts, justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways, bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.
California offices : Newport Beach . Redwood City. San Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton . Sacramento . Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland . Lathrop . Salinas