Project Engineer - Transportation
Are your talents being fully utilized? Come join California's Top Design Firm of 2017!
ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
BKF has immediate openings for senior-level civil engineers with strong technical abilities, and
As a mid-level civil
The assignments may include one or more of the following: project design and development for grading and utility systems from master planning through construction,
- 4 to 10 years experience
- PE, EIT
- Experienced/Senior Design/Project Engineer (Very good Design Skills and Awareness of Roadway Packages)
- AutoCAD (Civil 3D) – mastery from a design standpoint
- In-Design or Other Roadway Design Packages a plus!
- MicroStation a plus!
- Other Programs
- MS Project a plus!
- Caltrans Design
- Geometric Approval Drawings
- Fact Sheets/Exception Reports
- PSR, PSR/PDS, PR
- PS&E Plans
- Specifications is a huge plus!
- Plan Design/Review
- Reports (Drainage, SWDR, TMPs)
- Caltrans Advertise/Award/Administer (AAA) Process for larger projects, Encroachment Permit Process (for mid to smaller projects), and PEER process
- Roadway/Rail Design
- Bike Design
- Public Works Experience – City, County
- Green Streets
- Drainage (plan, profile, details, certain calculations), Utilities, Erosion Control, Temporary Water Pollution Control, etc,
- Familiarity with Survey/Topo/Right of Way
- Railroad Projects (Familiarity with UPRR/BNSF/Caltrain process/requirements etc).
- Permit/Env Knowledge/Experience in Permitting Applications – 401, 404, and 1602
- Project Management Skills
- PASSION, ENERGY, DESIRE to TAKE THE NEXT STEP
- Interested in Project Management and Running Individual Projects/Personnel in the future
- Environmental, Traffic, Structural, Electrical, Utilities, Geotechnical, Specialties
- Jurisdictions – Cities, Counties, Caltrans, Transportation Authorities
- Resource Agencies – RWQCB, CDFW, USACOE
- State – Caltrans
- Mentor/Leadership/Training – Team, Subconsultants, Clients/Public
- Initiative and Independence, and ability/interest to work with a team collaboratively
- Aesthetic Eye
- Pursuit of Proposals
- RFP Support
- Interview Support
- Coordination with Teams
- RFP/Interview Participation
BKF offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes; competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical, dental, and vision plans. BKF also offers life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, free coffee, tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and clubs. Annual Company Picnic at Six Flags with free admission for employees and their families, Holiday Casino Party Luncheon and Holiday Dinner Celebration. Employees also have access to BKF’s corporate condo in Lake Tahoe!
What makes BKF a great choice?
- ENR 2017 California'sDesign Firm of the Year
- BKF is on the "Top 100 Hottest firms" list
- "Top Work Place” 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Bay Area News Group
- ZweigWhite "2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S.
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal, 8 years in a row
- The chance to work on iconic Bay Area projects
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Professional development training
- Comprehensive benefits package
BKF Engineers provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels, health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 13 California offices employing 400+ staff. Our project experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts, justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways, bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.
Redwood City. San