Project Manager - Land Development
Are your talents being fully utilized? Come join California's Top Design Firm of 2017!
ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
We are hiring a Project Manager in our Santa Rosa office!
BKF Engineers has an immediate opening for a civil engineering Project Manager specializing in land development-specific projects. The ideal candidate would have experience with managing projects, client communication, staff and business development as well as be able to plan, design and coordinate projects from beginning through completion.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
As a Project Manager, you will represent BKF in all regular communications with the client from initial effort, through the entire course of agreement activity, and in post-agreement marketing activities. Regular communication with assigned BKF Principal(s) or Office Manager(s) is required and essential in relation to project statuses and performances. You will be responsible for managing the BKF project as a whole as well as all of the details involved. Emphasis of civil engineering experience and knowledge is expected to be in site development, grading, utilities, and drainage design.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Project Manager you will;
- Maintain ongoing client relationships, pursue new professional connections, and seek new project opportunities with new and current clients.
- Be required to prepare technical sections of project proposals, and participate in interview presentations.
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling project team activities, including but not limited to; reviewing and/or supervising technical aspects of work as well as defining the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Have primary responsibility for quality control and be the primary client contact for each project.
- Be responsible for setting goals, evaluating staff performance, and serving as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members.
- Be required to coordinate staff resources with other PM’s and Principals throughout the company.
- Participate in contract negotiations, approve client billing, and secure contract amendments for changes to scope and fees.
- Be expected to meet or exceed group and individual performance goals.
- Communicate project requirements to all team members.
- Commit resources of the firm issuing start and stop orders relating to the project progress and clients directives within contract requirements.
- Provide input to group Principal regarding hiring, lay-offs and promotion of immediate staff.
B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET Accredited Curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education. Applicant must be a registered Civil Engineer in the State of California. Background should include experience in site development, design of residential and/or commercial subdivisions, roadways and utilities systems. Demonstrates capability to oversee and manage staff of engineers. P.E Required.
BKF offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes; competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical, dental, and vision plans. BKF also offers life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, free coffee, tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and clubs. Annual Company Picnic at Six Flags with free admission for employees and their families, Holiday Casino Party Luncheon and Holiday Dinner Celebration. Employees also have access to BKF’s corporate condo in Lake Tahoe!
What makes BKF a great choice?
- ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
- BKF is on the "Top 100 Hottest firms" list
- "Top Work Place” 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 by the Bay Area News Group
- ZweigWhite "2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S.
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal, 7 years in a row
- The chance to work on iconic Bay Area projects
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Professional development training
- Company funded retirement plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
BKF Engineers provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels, health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 13 California offices employing 400+ staff. Our project experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts, justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways, bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.
Redwood City. San Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton . Sacramento . Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland . Newport Beach . Lathrop . Salinas