ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
The surveying team at BKF works on a variety of cutting edge projects. As a project surveyor, you will assist senior project surveyors and your project manager on 3D laser scanning, construction staking, GIS, BIM, boundary and topographic survey projects. You will draft maps and topographic surveys, build 3D models, and assist our field crews in constructing the largest and most high profile projects in Northern California.
- Preparing construction staking calculations by reading plans and interpreting CAD files.
- Creating mapping deliverables including boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, plats, and legal descriptions.
- Post-processing field data collected via total station, GPS, levels, 3D laser scanners, and unmanned aerial systems.
- Building 3D models of sites and structures for owners, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of office surveying experience.
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D including working with points and surfaces.
- The will and desire to learn new things, challenge yourself, grow and apply your surveying knowledge in innovative ways.
- Construction staking experience including reading plans, construction calculations, and preparing cut sheets is preferred.
- Experience processing laser scanning data including registration and 3D modeling is helpful but not required.
What makes BKF a great choice?
- ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the Year
- BKF is on the "Top 100 Hottest firms" list
- "Top Work Place” 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Bay Area News Group
- ZweigWhite 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 "Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S.
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal, 8 years in a row
- The chance to work on iconic Bay Area projects
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Professional development training
- Comprehensive benefits package
BKF Engineers provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels, health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 13 California offices employing 400+ staff. Our project experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts, justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways, bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.
Redwood City. San