Senior Manager, North America Accounting
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin Finance is growing rapidly with the overall company and is developing into a cutting edge global finance organization. It has operations in over 40 countries that drive significant global accounting and finance complexity. For the nine months ended September 30, 2018, strong demand and revenue growth across BioMarin’s commercialized products delivered total revenue of $1.1 Billion. The company has ambitious growth plans in the immediate future and has an enthusiastic global finance team that is eager to deliver a world-class accounting and finance function to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
BioMarin trades on the Nasdaq under ticker BMRN and is headquartered in San Rafael, California.
Senior Manager, North America Accounting
This is an exciting opportunity in the expanding Biomarin North America Accounting team managing the accounting for the Commercial and select World Wide R&D functions in the US and Canada. The role includes leading process transformation and cross-functional projects, partnering directly with the business and F, P&A and liaising with global counterparties.
Main responsibilities include ownership of the accounting for the Commercial and select World Wide R&D functions including partnering directly with the business, full entity ownership for Biomarin Canada and overseeing the accounting for Non-Qualified Deferred Comp and Convertible Debt. An important part of this role will be to coach, mentor and develop the 2 senior accountants who are direct reports.
- Partnering with the Commercial and R&D Business contacts to understand activities which derive the US gaap accounting.
- Contract review and providing accounting guidance.
- Lead process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Review of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas noted under summary above.
- Participate in development of metrics and KPI's
- Review of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Take a lead role in Cross Functional Projects for North America Accounting
- Recruit, retain, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel (2 Senior Accountants)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Accounting, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility including at least 5 years management experience.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of empowering people; developing individual skills to their maximum potential, training and employee development as well as continuous improvement
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of dealing directly with the business to understand activities that derive the accounting.
- Proven record of leading projects to successful conclusion
- ERP system experience
A mixture of both Public Accounting and Industry experience would be a distinct advantage. Large company experience is also desired. Previous management experience is essential.
Certified Public Accountant essential and Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.