Intern - Technical Operations Communications
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
BioMarin Technical Operations (TOPS) Strategy Realization Department is looking for an intern to help execute our newly developed global communication plan across the TOPS organization. Effective internal communication is vital to the health of our company and establishes a strong foundation to ensure we can continue to operate in an agile and fast pace. Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we must be able to provide product in the right way, at the right time, every time.
This work will be to support the execution of 2 – 3 deliverables within the TOPS communication plan for the global organization. Deliverables will vary in method and message. These may be BioMarin community building events, interviewing employees, designing posters, signs, desk drops, or drafting newsletters with key information milestones. After the completion of these activities an assessment will be performed to measure their effectiveness.
- English Major, Communications Major, Business Major, Visual Arts Major
- Interest or experience in event planning, good with design tools
- Willingness to learn, asks lots of questions, organized, prompt Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.