Intern, Global Project Management (GPM)
Job Description: Global Project Management (GPM) Summer Intern
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
GPM is part of the Portfolio Project Management (PPD) organization at BioMarin. PPD oversees the portfolio governance process and provides strategic portfolio best practices to optimize achievement of corporate goals. Portfolio Project Management is responsible for supporting corporate strategy by delivering timely, meaningful and insightful reporting and analysis on the development and product portfolio via established tools and processes. During the course of this internship the intern will gain valuable insight into governance processes, and in addition to the PPD group, will have the opportunity to interact with clinical, regulatory, medical affairs, commercial, compliance and quality control groups across the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review of the GPM Project Management processes
- Conduct interviews both within GPM and with internal BioMarin partners to understand how GPM is meeting its goals, using a recently conducted center of excellence survey as a basis for eliciting feedback
- Identify any gaps between deliverables and expectations, and develop proposals for filling those gaps
- Identify areas where GPM is not adding value and develop recommendations for either stopping those activities or modifying behaviors to add ensure GPM adds value
- Minimum junior or senior undergraduate in biomedical science from a top tier university, preferred business school graduate student with biological sciences-related undergraduate major.
- Innovative and critical thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. ability to communicate brief but deep).
- Advanced research skills using various online databases and references
- Able to synthesize information gathered into concise summaries and presentations
- Excels at working collaboratively with others
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.